ALPHACAM Latest Release - 2013 R2
This page contains a general overview of the new features within ALPHACAM 2013 R2. Please see the ALPHACAM 2013 R2 Release Notes for additional, important information, including an extensive listing of all new product features, enhancements, changes, fixes as well as post processor and API enhancements.
Windows 8 Support
New Solid Simulator
- Machine Configuration components
- Milling/routing operations
- 3 axis machining
- 4/5 axis positioning
- 4/5 axis simultaneous
- Nutated head/table combinations
- Additional XY part rotation combinations
New NC Output Manager Add-In
- Output via single or multiple preset configurations
- File location
- File type
- Post processor
- Output of specific operation setups to separate NC files
- NC Output Manager
- Raster to Vector
- Split Nest
BTL Translator - Additional Process Report
- Birds Mouth
- Ridge or Valley Cut
- Lap Joint
- Free Contour
Cabinet Door Panelling (CDM) Enhancements
- New Handle Drilling functionality
- Nesting Zones support
- Performance improvements with large databases
Part Modeler Enhancements
All Part Modeler CAD Loaders are now included in the Part Modeler license.
- NX, ACIS, Inventor, CATIA V5, Creo Parametric
- Move pockets and bosses around the model. They can either be moved from the original CAD datum position or relative to a user defined position using the Translation and Rotation options.
- Modify areas of features, for example, pocket walls and boss heights, on an imported 3rd party model. Individual faces can be moved using Translation and Rotation in X, Y or Z or a combination of these.
- These enhancements will greatly improve preparation for manufacture when working with 3rd party models.
- Copy (New) - Copies the entities and keeps the original entities. Note: All associated features such as thread data and surface finish will be copied. If the original entities are edited, the copied (mirrored) entities will not be updated.
- Move (New) - Moves the entities about a defined mirror plane.
- Reference - Copies the entities and keeps the original entities. Note: If the original entities are edited, the copied (mirrored) entities will be updated. Any associated features such as thread data will not be transferred
- When a profile to be extruded or swept includes gaps and/or overlaps it can be analysed to identify them.
- The Analyse Profile dialog has been enhanced to improve the feedback and make it easier to identify the issues.
- Cylindrical Profiling machining method has been migrated down from the Ultimate level modules into the Advanced level modules
- New Program Stop command
- New Find Operation Text command
- Automatic Support Tag improvements
- Oscillation improvements
- Reports improvements
- Waves add-in - new option to automatically link/blend XY wave lines
- Split Nest add-in - Save Sheets to Drawings command now supports sheets created by the Paneling command
- Many API enhancements
- Much more...